I have showed the Gimp to driven photoshop users, and they all complained at one
thing, the fact that gimp does not have a "root" window, like photoshop in windows
have.

They also wanted the menues at the top of this root window, as they are used to.

I myself have learned to use the gimp the way it is, but I also found it to have a
treshold to climb over, due to the difference from other paint programs according to
above.

How about having a preferences option for this with two choises "Native Gimp way" and
"root window way".

This cant be very difficult to implement, from the little I know of gtk, or what do
you say ?

Want a new web-based email account ? ---> http://www.firstlinux.net