On Tue, Jan 3, 2012 at 2:09 PM, <g...@catking.net> wrote:

> My original comment about sharpen not working seems to have been a local
> problem, that is now fixed. I thought this may be relevant to your issue.

Yeah, it could have been. I tried to reproduce it before I read your second
message :)

> If blur does not have a dialog it must be a one size fits all and may as
> well be removed! It clearly is not properly integrated into GIMP if it gets
> listed as "reshow" when it was never shown.
>
> My earlier bug report here on sharpen showed it got integrated into menu
> as both "reshow" and "redo" even when I cancelled without doing a change.
>
> These are more like UI defects but I thought it may have something to do
> with dialogue failures not exiting cleanly or at the right time. I could
> not imagine someone adding a blur that was not adjustable, that's just dumb.

I tend to agree that the reshow/redo behaviour feels like a UI
bug/misfeature but I'm a novice here - others may feel differently (?).
And I was also caught by surprise recently by the blur behaviour - I had
thought it had a dialog box but perhaps I have always used one of the other
blurs (which does)... Perhaps it's there as a "simple" tool for beginners?

Neil