b) This mechanism already exists. If you save with same parameters all

>  the time write/find a plugin that invokes the save with all the
>> parameters already set. You can just prompt for filename and even
>> manage folders automatically and save without any hassle. If you
>> havent done any scripting but have done programming, it shoudnt take
>> you more than 8 hours to churn out first version, less if you find a
>> good starting sample from google first.
>>

> Gee, _only_ 8 hours to get a first version.  It would be a _lot_ cheaper
> to buy Photoshop full version, except that we want to continue moving
> toward Linux.

Or post a request on the gimp plugin registry, at gimptalk, gug, gimpchat,
or even the gimp-user list and one of the many folks out there who do write
scripts could make one for you in a 10th that time.  I can think of a good
half dozen folks (including myself) who regularly respond to such community
requests.

Personally, I do support the save/export paradigm so I might be biased.

I've also written any number of export/batch conversion scripts to meet my
needs and the needs of others, such as this one:
http://photocomix-resources.deviantart.com/art/Gimp-SAVE-EXPORT-145826809?q=boost%3Apopular+save%2Bexport&qo=2

-Rob A>