Hi Paul

I send you an explanation which sent me Vitaly Lomov some months ago and I
found very useful:

 status: http://l10n.gnome.org/module/gimp-help-2/
> [...]
>
> Now for the technique. As you see, you do not have any commands for
> translation, but if you want to learn it, read on.
> The chain of tools for creating the final product - instructions for use
> in HTML, PDF, etc. - Works in Linux, so you need a Linux-shell. I
> installed cygwin on Windows, and additional packages. What packages do
> not remember all: DocBook, git, make .. If you have Linux, cygwin is not
> needed.
>
> Here, http://docs.gimp.org/help.html, specified command git clone, how to
> make a copy of the code on your computer. By the way, would not hurt to
> subscribe. Newsletter archive (in googly) contains tips for working with
> files and useful commands.
> Command (Linux)
> mkdir gimp-help-2 # any name
> cd gimp-help-2 # there will be a copy of the code
> git clone ... # As the link
> If you run the command
> . / Tools / get_po_status.pl po / ru
> we immediately see which files are transferred, and what does not. Now
> you can translate the local file, create a patch and sending pacht us. To
> create pacht, run
> git pull - rebase # get an update from the main repository
> git diff> patch.txt
> And they went patch.txt.
> In order not to run blindly, but to see the result of the conversion, you
> need to work with the make. I do not always work under Windows, so no
> guarantees. To run make, you need to create Makefile. To create it, run
> ./configure --without-gimp. This command checks the configuration of your
> shell and complain if something is missing. Usually in such cases you
> need to install additional packages cygwin.
>
> Src subdirectory contains the english version of the instructions, and he
> also has an official. This text is edited in XML (translators usually do
> not do this) and the system generates DocBook from it:
> Files. Pot
>     a. po, but only with the English text from XML. . Pot contains the
> latest version of the English text. Po format. This file is created by
> the command "make pot".
> Files. Po directory in the po / ru.
>     Contain Russian translation as described above. It creates a team of
> "make po-ru". English strings are copied from. Pot file. If the British
> line has not changed, the team finds Russian translation for her. Po file
> and combine them. If a new line of English, it is simply added to the
> file for future translation. This file, and transferred us.
> Files. Html in the directory html / ru.
>     Website of the Russian translation, as in http://docs.gimp.org/2.6/ru/
> . It creates a team of "make html-ru". This command automatically runs
> "make pot" and "make po-ru". So you can check the correctness of the
> translation. You may have to manually copy the image from the images / C,
> and images / ru in the html / ru / images.
>
> Read make.help. It contains a description of all the make command.

Maybe it would be more convenient to ask this questions at the gimp
documentation mailist:

It's nice to see new people willing to contribute to gimp :)

Guiu Rocafort

On Thu, Sep 13, 2012 at 10:50 PM, emitor <emitor.emi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am a very satisfied gimp user from Slovakia...and if is it possible I
> would try to make a Slovak translations for you...for us, I have some
> skills from translating subtitles. But I dont know where to start...I need
> some language files, because I dont know what to translate. Plese contact
> me asap ... thanks :)
>
> Paul

*Please avoid sending me Word or PowerPoint attachments.
See http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html*