I am sorry -
this is not the way to proceed.

There is no GIMP's "built-in help" - GIMP_Python does use
standard Python's help - and that should no tchange.
What standard Python help does is to display the function signature,
when available, and the contents of the object's __doc__ attribute.

Your approach could lead to a a patch to dynamically provide the __doc__
attributes of PDB items - taht would be ok. For the builtin items,
such as Layer, Image and such, as the code is today,
the documentation would have to be hard-coded in the C files, however.

  js
 -><-