Hi Mika!

you might want to have a look to the PhotoFlow plug-in as well, which tries to
provide the same sort of Photoshop/Lightroom integration in the GIMP world.
It is designed in such a way that you can re-process the original RAW file from
the saved XCF by simply re-running the plug-in on the layer that was created by
the initial RAW loading.

If you have access to youtube, here is a 15mn video that shows how all this
works in practice: https://youtu.be/945OnK93C1g