On Fri, Feb 23, 2001 at 04:53:14PM -0500, Michael Meeks <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>         I don't know what the gimp protocol is - clearly for _massive_
> chunks of data, shared memory is the only way to go. Vladimir has a nice
> CORBA interface for dealing with setting up shmem chunks to do this I
> think for his video editing toy.

I'd like to remind people that corba is not the only way to go, as there
is also dco and especially MCOP (which was designed for realtime and
multimedia applications). While CORBA might indeed be the best choice, it
mustn't be choosen just because it has more letters ;->

   http://space.twc.de/~stefan/kde/arts-mcop-doc/

(the author couldn't get corba to work reliably (timing constraints) so he
choose to implement something suited for data transfer).