On Friday, 8 Jun 2001, David Monniaux wrote:

> I've been trying to contact libpaper's author, but to no avail so far.
>
> libpaper is old (1996) and does not offer per-user paper formats.
> Furthermore it does not allow interactive modifications.

But, we're talking about *paper* here.  A4 for me is the same size as
A4 for another user, surely?  There are only a limited number of paper
sizes in existence, and they should all be available system-wide.

Maybe I don't really understand what you're trying to do.

The PostScript Red Book has a section on media selection which
describes how a PostScript interpreter picks the paper
size/color/headed to print on.  It might be useful.

Austin