On Wednesday, 20 Jun 2001, Iccii wrote:

> I'm using the GIMP to creat image files for my web site.
> So, I want to know how much time is necessary for loading
> the images which is saved by jpeg or other file type.
> It's useful to show loading time in jpeg saving dialog.
> See attachment file if you interested in it.

Its a nice patch.  I think it should get into the development CVS tree
(but probably not the 1.2 stable branch, since this is definitely a
new feature).

Just one thing: 14.4Kbps means 14.4 * 1000 bits per second, not 14.4 * 1024.
Similarly, 10Mbps is 10 * 1000 * 1000 bits per second, not 10 * 1024 * 1024.

1024 is only involved when addresses are, ie for sizes of buffers,
memory, files.  Never when talking about bandwidth.

Austin