Hi,

Carol Spears <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> It seems that all any decent site would need would be this:
>
>    <?xml version="1.0"?>
>    <gimp-tips>
>      <tip>
>       <tip-number>
>        0
>       </tip-number>
>        This is the first trip.
>      </tip>
>      <tip>
>       <tip-number>
>        1
>       </tip-number>
>        This is the second trip and it has <b>bold</b> text.
>      </tip>
>      <tip>
>       <tip-number>
>        2
>       </tip-number>
>        This is the last trip. Now, you are on your own.
>      </tip>
>     </gimp-tips>

hmm, wouldn't it be nicer to use the following instead ?

<?xml version="1.0"?>
  <gimp-tips>
    <tip number="0">
      This is the first trip.
    </tip>
    <tip number="1">
      This is the second trip and it has <b>bold</b> text.
    </tip>
    <tip number="2">
      This is the last trip. Now, you are on your own.
    </tip>
  </gimp-tips>

I'm not sure however why you want the tips to be numbered since it will
only make it more difficult to a new insert tip. If your goal is to be
able to refer to a certain tip, I'd suggest using unique names or ids
instead. The order of tips is already well-defined by the order they
appear in the file.

Salut, Sven