On 21 Jan 2002 19:20:13 +0100
Sven Neumann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> sent:

> Hi Carol,
>
> Carol Spears <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> > but while all of these different shell commands are being added to the
how-to,> > maybe we should make a "how to compile the gimp tar-ball" for
people who are> > having problems with their distributions GIMP or
supporting libraries. >
> ack. The "Compile The GIMP from CVS" HOWTO should refer to the
> "Compile The GIMP from source" HOWTO and focus on the possible
> pitfalls that compiling from CVS adds (cvs, aclocal, autoconf,
> automake).
>

> Salut, Sven

I'd be happy to write a "HOWTO compile a package from source, specifically
The GIMP" if no-one else will do it.

http://syngin.homelinux.org   mailto: syngin at gimp.org
http://syngin.gimp.no         mailto: syngin at gimp.no
UNIX gives you enough rope to shoot yourself in the foot