On Sat, 2002-02-16 at 11:48, Christian Rose wrote:
> lör 2002-02-16 klockan 06.59 skrev Marco Lamberto:
> > >        Zoom In                 + [Yes, changed, a bit more logical, no?]
> > >        Zoom Out                -
> >
> > If you have an US keyboard you'll notice that while the minus "-" is immediatly
> > accessible, the plus "+" is obtained by pressing Shift + "=". I think that
> > "+"/"=" it's a faster keybinding for an US-keyboard layout user.
> > What about of a bit "nationalized" keyboard layout, they should be selected
> > through the Options menu and NOT by using the locale
>
> There's no reason that the default couldn't be selected using values
> from the locale. The locale will in most cases be reliable, and the
> users that use nonstandard keyboard layouts can probably live with
> having to change the default.

Actually, I think a lot of people use an English system, but a foreign
keyboard.  My machines are always set up for US English, but I always
have a Danish keyboard.  Is there any way to pull this information from
the keyboard layout set up in the system? Or does that vary too much
from system to system?