Sven Neumann wrote:
are you saying that we'd best remove the Anti-Erase feature from the
current development version because it is broken by design and only
works by accident (often but not reliably)? That's how I interpret
your words but I want to be sure...

I think that's the case. From a practical point of view the way things are at the moment you'd have to try fairly hard to get into a situation where you'd see the horizonal line drop-outs from the skipped compositing of transparent rows by the attempted resurrection of undefined colour data, but it's possible.

From a more aesthetic 'broken by design' point of view, XachBot's
antique logs probably catch me whining about anti-erase a few
times.  :)

--Adam
--
Adam D. Moss   . ,,^^   [EMAIL PROTECTED]   http://www.foxbox.org/   co:3