On Fri, Jul 25, 2003 at 08:37:24AM +0200, David Neary wrote:

> > The information about the CVS modules on the web is this bit
> > (from http://www.gimp.org/devel_cvs.html )
> (...)
> > I know from at least gimp-gap and gimp-perl more, maybe there are a
> > couple I have not heard about.
>
> There are libart_lgpl, atk, and pango at least - a build of the
> gimp also requires fontconfig, freetype2 and probably others that
> I have forgotten.
>
> All of this information is in the INSTALL file, located at the
> root directory of your gimp tarball, and also of CVS.
>
> > Possibly tehre is a fair easy way to know about the modules using
> > CVS itself. But by knowledge on CVS is close to zero. :-(
> > sorry about that.
>
> Nope - CVS does not support specifying interdependencies - it
> knows nothing about file structure. It versions files, period.
> Luckily, that's all it has to do :) We use good old text files to
> specify interdependencies.

There is actually a "good old text file" in CVSROOT: modules. You can
specify aliases for modules there and also group several modules
together. It needs careful checking though - it's easy to mess things up
this way.

If the modules file is set up correctly, you can even run
  cvs -c
to get a list of available modules. This is very useful IMO.
Ah, I see, it actually works for GNOME cvs:
  cvs -d :pserver:[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/cvs/gnome co -c

There's no gimp-gap nor gimp-perl though.

Bye, Tino.

--
             * LINUX - Where do you want to be tomorrow? *
                  http://www.tu-chemnitz.de/linux/tag/