From: Daniel Egger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Sven Neumann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
CC: Gimp Developer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [Gimp-developer] Wrong terminology in color picker tool
Date: 29 Jul 2003 13:39:02 +0200

Am Die, 2003-07-29 um 10.33 schrieb Sven Neumann:

> The shape displayed is what's used to sample, that's not a question.
> Make it configurable doesn't seem like a good idea here. I guess most
> people will agree that a circle is the natural choice.

I don't. The colorpicker ist quite handy to determine the average color
in some area and a square is much more natural to handle. Also for a
circle to be somewhat usable you'd have to take the in/out coverage of
the pixels under the radius into account or you'll get disturbing
results for small sizes.

i would tend to agree, if i want an average for an area i will usually be after a square anyway, however, it would be good to have a checkbox to switch between circular and "classic" behaviour, i don't know how much of a concern this is but surely you should be keeping inline with what the installed userbase are used to and are happy working with more than pandering to the Photo$hop audience...

Phil.

--
Servus,
       Daniel