Hi,

Jeff Trefftzs <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> As we are about to move to the next stage of gimpery, I have begun
> looking closely at my large collection of plug-ins, many of which I
> remember compiling with GIMP_ENABLE_COMPAT_CRUFT, and wondering how
> to make them usable again under the new regime.  Can anybody point
> me to a porting guide that identifies the changes needed to go from
> the old (well, present) api to that used in gimp-1.3.20 and up?
>
> I have already written a quckie decrufter perl script to obviate the
> need to use GIMP_ENABLE_COMPAT_CRUFT, and I have found a few changes
> between present stable usage and the 1.3.20 version, but I'm still
> wondering what else I'm missing.

If your plug-in still needs GIMP_ENABLE_COMPAT_CRUFT, it hasn't been
ported to gimp-1.2 yet. Of course you need to do that first.

Assuming you have a gimp-1.2 plug-in, here's what you do to port it to
the 1.3 API:

(1) Replace all occurances of drawable->id with drawable->drawable_id.
(2) Include <libgimp/gimpcompat.h>.
(3) Fix whatever problems remain (if you are lucky, there are none).
(4) Look at gimpcompat.h and do the changes described there.
(5) Remove the inclusion of gimpcompat.h again.