Hi,

David Odin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> On Tue, Dec 23, 2003 at 04:52:41PM -0800, Robin Rowe wrote:
> > GIMP on Mac OS X without X11:
> >
> > http://gtk-osx.sourceforge.net/docs/gimp.html
> >
>   Yeah! Good job. Now, it would be great if you managed to do the same
> for gimp-1.3.x. If all the necessary libs were ported too, we could even
> consider to include this in the main tree, WDYT?

GIMP wouldn't need to be touched if there was a Quartz port of
GTK+-2.0. Unfortunately the people behind gtk-osx so far didn't show
any interest in doing a port to GTK+-2.0. This is a little irritating
considered that porting GDK-2.x would haven been much easier, let
along more useful. Perhaps some of the effort put into this project
can be reused to do a GTK+-2.0 port. Judging from my experience with
the DirectFB port, doing such a port shouldn't be too hard for someone
who has experience with GDK and Quartz. As far as I know the Quartz
API is Objective-C, so some expertise with combining Objective-C and C
would certainly be helpful.

Sven

BTW: Using the term Aqua with this port is incorrect since it is a
     port to the Mac OS X graphics system called Quartz. As far as I
     understand the terminology, Aqua is the name of desktop build on
     top of it.