On Sunday 08 August 2004 10:17 pm, Simon Budig wrote:

> ordinal numbers start at 1

1 is no ordinal number, you most likely mean "1st"?

Whether you assume 0 or 1 being the 1st natural number is only a matter of
convention and convenience (depending on the subject matter). Most people
start to count from 1, so it makes sense to use "1" as label for the 1st
object, but it is nevertheless arbitrary, as one could for example also have
used the labelling "a", "b", "c", ..., with "a" denoting the 1st object etc.

> Hence the number "0" in the ancient version of the IFS Compose plugin
> was a bug and has been corrected for the Version 1.2.

One of the advantages of the current style is that the object with label "n"
is the n-th object (I personally have no idea if the order of the objects
actually matters in the case of IfsCompose, from what I see: if at all, not
much). The previous mapping was not exactly a "bug", but less convenient with
respect to this.

Markus.