Sven Neumann wrote:
Hi,

Joseph Heled <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

The gimp Open Image dialog contains preview thumbnail. To generate
them, gimp calls the plugin to generate them. Now, for raw digital
camera files (.nef, .crw ...) this is a very expensive operation - and
obviously one would love to use the prepared/pre-stored thumbnail
which exists in the file.

From what I could see, there is no way I (the plugin author) can
detect if the call is for a thumbnail or not.

Can someone tell me if I am right or wrong?

If wrong - how do I do it?
If right, is there a chance this can be changed?

You are right. You could suggest an API and we could consider to add
it for GIMP 2.4.

The most natural place is to add an optional argument to the run() gimp
arguments. However I am not sure if this is possible. The plugin is a "file
loader", registered under "Load"

gimp_install_procedure ("file_rawphoto_load",
                          "...",
                          PLUG_IN_VERSION,
                          "<Load>/rawphoto",

I guess "Load" implies some magic, since it is not visible in the regular menus.
And perhaps 3 arguments is hardwired for such plugins? Can someone enlighten me?

(P.S it would certainly make sense to run this plugin non interactively from a
script, and in that case supply even additional arguments ...)

-Joseph