>From:  Alan Horkan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
>Sven's point still stands though, adding more tools to the default toolbox
>is not a great idea.

I agree completely, because I did not suggest that.

We still need a system which allows us to add as many tools as
needed to the tool pucket --- a tool plugin system (or extended
existing plugin system) would help. You can hide non-default
tools as deep in the system if you wish, but users should be able to
have the tool they want and need.

It just does not make sense to keep a user in doing things more
complicated way only because somebody wants keep the tool number
down to minimum or wants avoid alternative tools (being too similar to
existing tools).

Could existing plugin system be expanded so that the plugins may
create the control objects as overlays to the image windows?

Juhana