On 09.01.2005, at 18:39, William Skaggs wrote:

1) New rectangle select tool that allows adjustment of rectangle after
creation.  (Implemented in my personal tree with the exception of
keybindings.  Implemented as a separate tool, so it can be tested
and improved without losing the standard rect-select.)

With keyboard support for pixel-exact adjustments this work seriously rock.

2) Dialog allowing items (layers, etc) to be aligned with each other
in various ways.  (Implemented as plug-in, ~60% implemented as core
dialog.)

What I've seen just recently and deem as a good idea would be a possibility to make dialogs translucent (better yet, only if not currently focused) to reduce the screen estate necessary to manipulate an image. Anyone having an idea of the feasibility and complexity of an implementation?

Servus,
      Daniel