Hi,

Manish Singh a écrit :
There are also persistent parasites that can be attached to the app.
This is how the png plugin stores its default settings currently. They
are backed by <gimpdir>/parasiterc.

Jay pointed this out too. Thanks for the info.

The main point to bear in mind is that this should be trivial for a plug-in author.

The most convenient way would be to handle it transparently, but I can't
think of a way that doesn't involve larger infastructure changes.

It's a 3 month project, infrastructure changes are possible :)

The hard part is a simple API that handles portable data serialization.

We have that, don't we? At least, that was my understanding of the gimprc objects.

--
David Neary