Sven,
I did look at the PS user interface for layers before doing the mockup.
In the other message you've said:
"I am sorry, but you can't put the lock at the end of the row. It would
become invisible as soon as one layer has a longer name."
Couldn't that be solved by ellipsizing the layer name? I really dislike
extremeally long layer names, they clutter the interface. I think that we
could have both, a check box together with the opacity slider and as a visual
aid an small lock that would only disable the lock in the left of the layer
list.
That way is easy to know which layers are locked, and they are easly unlocked.

On Sun, 2005-06-26 at 15:17 +0200, Sven Neumann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> for your inspiration, heres a slightly outdated screenshot of the PS
> user interface for layer locking:
>
>  http://www.edigitalphoto.com/images/archivesart/0203edp_using_02.jpg
>
> This PDF has a lot more screenshots and shows a more uptodate view of
> the Layers dialog on page 23:
>
>  http://www.photoshopsupport.com/ib-pdf-02/vqs-chapter01.pdf
>

> Sven

Pedro Kiefer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>