Nathan Summers wrote:

On 6/29/05, pepster <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Kevin Cozens wrote:

pepster wrote:

Say I have a scrip-fu plugin (I am thinking about wrap sharp), and I
want to add a preview window to make it more useful.

Does it mean I must re-write the plugin in C, or is there an easier way?
You would have to re-write it in C. There is no easy way to add a
preview window to Script-Fu.

I tried to make a start but facing immediate problems. Would appreciate
some pointers -

 1. The scm code calls the (pdb) plugin plug_in_edge. I am not sure how
my C plugin can make a call to another plugin??

The way to do this is with one of the gimp_run_procedure functions,
but in this case edge-detection is trivial enough that it doesn't make
sense to call a separate plug-in to do it.
In fact, copying the existing edge-detection plug-in might be the best
way to start.

Rockwalrus

And then re-implement gausian filtering, and then re-implement map
bumping and ...  - do you get the picture?

Anyway, gimp_run_procedure2 it is.

Now, how do I create a drawable from the region on the fly?

Thanks, Joseph