Hallo Michael,

>Write a GIMP plug-in, have it use the PhysX SDK API and make sure that
>it can be compiled an linked.
  Well when I found the glue in which form GIMP is connected with XML
/python I will start
   writing a plug-in
  (www. collada.org )

> 5)Any suggestion welcomed how to improve the use of GIMP on the 3 Gaming
> platforms Playstation , Xbox , Ncube http://www.renci.org/PS2/

>Is it used on these platforms already? If yes, it would be nice if you
>could provide some more information.

  I know that GIMP is running on Gaming-platforms I m only talking from
improvements.
  Meaning that many opensource projects in the meantime having also a focus
on performance.
  I will only mention Postgres as one example.So primary I thinking on using
tools like  mentioned here

 http://www.ogre3d.org/wiki/index.php/AssemblingAToolset
  Like MemProf  http://www.gnome.org/projects/memprof/
   or OProfile   http://oprofile.sourceforge.net