On Thu, Aug 18, 2005 at 09:40:43AM -0400, Chris Clymer wrote:
> I agree with both arguments.  The ability to tab images like i tab
> xterms would be very useful.  At the same time, there are in fact a lot
> of times where i want to see more than one image at once...and this is
> very common if you're doing lots of graphics work.

Most especially, this is the whole point of the View->New View feature.

I like to use grids, and zoom in a lot, when editing some graphics
(esp. sprites and other artwork for cellphone games).  It really helps
to have a 1:1 view sitting on my screen where I can see it, with all
of the layer borders, selection borders, and snap-to-grids disabled.

-bill!