Hi,

Lance Dockins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> I compiled GIMP 2.3.4 from tarball the other day and I've noticed a
> few things.
>
> 1)  The last 2 times I've compiled GIMP, I've found my installation
>     missing some key libraries at the end of the build.  Is this
>     normal?  (Missing libraries differed each time)  To fix it I
>     pulled libraries from my stable GIMP 2.2 installation and that
>     seems to work but some odd things occur in the build that I
>     wouldn't expect - even of a development release.

You did what???  There is really no point in doing such things unless
you know very well what you are doing. If you have problems to compile
GIMP, ask. And if you ask, please describe your problems in detail. I
have left my crystal ball at home today so I really can't figure out
what "some missing key libraries at the end of the build" are.