Joël-Alexis Bialkiewicz ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
> On 1/26/06, Simon Budig <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > The selection gets respected when you're using shadow tiles and use
> > gimp_drawable_merge_shadow. You can ignore the selection by not using
> > shadow tiles IIRC, I am at the moment not sure how this would affect the
> > undo system if you don't use shadow tiles.
>
> In fact I don't want to ignore selections but to use them in a different
> way. Especially, I would like to be able know, for a specific point, whether
> it is selected or not.

You can request the selection as a drawable using
gimp_image_get_selection(). You then can peek into this drawable to get
the selection value for a specific pixel. You probably need to be
careful with the offset handling a bit though.

Hope this helps,
        Simon
--
              [EMAIL PROTECTED]              http://simon.budig.de/