On Fri, 2005-03-25 at 17:54 +0000, Adam D. Moss wrote:
> Hi guys and gals,
>
> I recently wrote this plugin for my own amusement;
> someone else might find a reasonably use for it.
>
> It probably does something very similar to the
> 'antialias' plugin for GIMP 1.2, except this is for
> GIMP 2.0 (2.X?) and uses a different algorithm (I
> haven't compared results).
>
> http://icculus.org/~aspirin/gimp/auntiealias/

Hi Adam,

yesterday, i stumbled across this mail, and it looks
as if this plug-in is doing exactly the right thing
to lineart images.

I "ported" it to 2.4 API and codingstylized it a bit:

http://mitch.gimp.org/auntiealias.c

Since we consider including it, I have some questions:

- The licensing would be changed to GPL, would that be ok?
- Do you have any link to that Scale3X algorithm? I would
  be nice to include an URL in the help.
- Is the behavior on images with alpha intentional? (it
  only affects opaque areas, but does not antialias between
  opaque and transparent parts)
- Do you maybe have a newer version around?

ciao,
--mitch