On 10/8/07, Andrew Young <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Greetings!
>
> I have been an avid Gimp user for a number of years. I have always wished
> Gimp supported non-destructive image adjustments such those available with
> Photoshop "adjustment layers." From searching around the internet, it seems
> I am not alone in this wish. However, I haven't been able to find solid
> information on whether they are planned, under development, or sitting in a
> pile of nice-to-have enhancements waiting for attention. Rather than
> continue to wish for them, I am considering joining the development team and
> implementing them myself. Are there others currently working on this
> feature? If so, how can I help? If not, has anyone put some serious thought
> into how this could be implemented?

Hi, non-destructive adjustments are going to be implemented via GEGL
(www.gegl.org) - after the final 2.4 is released will be the time to
work on this in GIMP (indeed, GEGL integration is the entire purpose
of the 2.4...2.6 development cycle.); other than that,
there is http://gimp-brainstorm.blogspot.com/ for working out the UI
(and http://www.mmiworks.net/eng/publications/labels/GIMP.html , the
precursor).
Feel free to contribute to the brainstorming process or to GEGL, and
eventually to GIMP as it enters the 2.6 dev cycle.