On Friday 02 November 2007, Raphaël Quinet wrote:
> There are also some improvements for the JPEG plug-in.  As I mentioned
> some time ago, I would like to hide the current "quality" slider among
> the advanced options, and replace it by a smaller selection of
> pre-defined quality levels.
Sorry to disagree, the precise selection of quality really is one of the many
areas where I would not like any dumbing down of the interface. This would
mean that each and every time I have to save an image as JPEG I would have to
switch to the advanced options as every site I post my images to has
stringent restrictions on file size - which are enforced by an automatic
resampling (which is to be avoided at all cost due to a severe loss in
quality) if I don't adhere to these limits!
Having preset quality settings really is no option, it is a major annoyance in
Photoshop new users I spoke to always are struggling with!
regards
Karl Günter Wünsch