Hi,

On Wed, 2008-01-16 at 20:42 +0000, William Skaggs wrote:

> This mixes together two separate issues.

No, it doesn't. Absolutely not.

> Tags are, as I have already agreed,
> an excellent way of doing a search mechanism.  They don't get rid of the
> need to have a workspace, though.  Suppose I want to switch back and
> forth between five very different brushes.  Must I remember and select
> a set of tags each time I switch?  That would be very unpleasant.

You don't need a set of tags, you need exactly one tag. That is not more
information than you need to remember and select with your approach.
Still tags are a lot more elegant, simpler to implement and it
eliminates the need for storing duplicate files and for doing file
system operations.