I really enjoyed the talks[1] you gave at LGM 2009 (or I should say
the videos of them as I didn't attend). The kinematics talk[2] was
quite intriguing and I hope to see the concept incorporated into GIMP
sometime in the future.

You are probably already familiar with it, but your usability lecture
reminded of the UI Facades project
(http://insitu.lri.fr/metisse/facades) which permits runtime
rearrangement of GTK widgets and provides an extremely flexible
framework for user adaptable interfaces. Some of their concepts might
be of interest to your project.

Thanks for all of your efforts.

[1]
http://river-valley.tv/ingimp-a-smorgasbord-of-usability-adaptive-uis-and-visually-arresting-graphic-design-for-2009/