On 07/27/2010 08:08 PM, Charlie De wrote:
> On the other hand, I understand you have other good reasons to go the GEGL
> route.  That's fine, except it will take a long time to regain the
> functionality
> GIMP already has, namely multi-threading.  It's for that reason that I think
> relatively simple solutions in the core are still worthwhile.

First of all, GIMP doesn't do multi-threading very well, in the sense
that few (any?) of the heavy filters are multi-threaded.

Second of all, why would it take long to "regain" multi-threading when
we start using GEGL for real? I expect us to make use of a
multi-threaded GEGL in the first GEGLifixed GIMP release.

  / Martin

--

My GIMP Blog:
http://www.chromecode.com/