On Wed, 2010-08-25 at 13:39 -0300, Luiz Felipe Moraes Pereira wrote:
> I agree with you, also the other stuff related to creation(button, etc)
> should go somewhere else in gimp.

"somewhere else" is not a very intuitive place either. We've had a
longer discussion when these items were moved to File->Create and no one
came up with a better solution. So unless someone comes up with a very
good idea this time, things will stay as they are.

And no, just adding yet another sub-menu to the File menu is not a very
good options. That menu is pretty much overloaded already.