On Sat, Feb 12, 2011 at 12:01 AM, Ulysses Levy <levy.ulys...@gmail.com>wrote:

>  I'm poking around plug-ins/metadata/metadata.c and I want to get
> gimp_image_parasite_find (image_ID, METADATA_PARASITE) to work.
>
> I'm pretty sure gimp_image_parasite_find expects a parameter of type
> GimpImage, so I guess what I'm really asking for is the correct API to get
> the current GimpImage from a plug-in.
>
> No, image_ID is simply an integer.  Core structures such as GimpImage do
not get passed to plug-ins, so
plug-ins can't make use of them.   Instead things like images, layers, etc
are represented by integer labels.
(Formally, by values of type GIMP_PDB_IMAGE, GIMP_PDB_LAYER, etc, but in
fact those are just integers.)
The value of the image_ID is actually available as one of the params of the
"run" function -- you should be
able to figure out the standard way to access it by glancing at a couple of
existing plug-ins.

  -- Bill