2011/7/1 Enrico Schröder <enni.schroe...@gmail.com>:
> Hi all,
>
> during the integration of the new UnitEntry widget into Gimp I came
> across the grid editor. At the moment it uses two rows, one for entering
> the value in pixels, one for entering it in another unit (cm, inch etc).
> Both display the same value.
> Is there a reason for not using just one row and letting the user select
> if he/she wants to enter pixels or other units? I don't see one and
> would just implement the dialog that way, if you don't say "hold on, we
> need it the way it is"... ;-)

Hi,

No reason is mentioned in the initial commit
(edd5c33923a574a278a74d56ca770f6072e0ffc6), the referenced bug (Bug
65198 - Ability to show a grid) or the manual
(http://docs.gimp.org/en/gimp-image-configure-grid.html). I don't see
a good reason either, it just seems silly. So feel free to have only
one row when you port to GimpUnitEntry.

BR,
Martin

--