Marc;

On Sat, Dec 18, 1999 at 09:48:21AM +0100, Marc Lehmann wrote:
> I am not at all sure what people are talking about... the hints for
> the splash screen advise most window managers to not use a decor
> already (works in fvwm, 4dwm and vuewm).

I believe that mitch made the splash screen "unmanaged" or something
like that - so it wasn't even under the control of the wm. Thus, not
only would it have no decor (or border!) but it would be on _every_
page of your virtual screen and could not be moved/hidden.

That's my guess.

> When in doubt get a real wm, like fvwm, who honours these hints ;->

I have set up fvwm2 to have a huge 16-pixel border (with no handles)
for my gimp splash screen window. Looks really funky.

Tom

--
--    Tom Rathborne    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
--                     http://www.aceldama.com/~tomr/