On Tue, 11 Jan 2000, Nick Lamb <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 11, 2000 at 11:50:28AM +0100, Sven Neumann wrote:
> > As said, I can't reproduce your problem here. As soon as I open the
> > error_console, all errors produced with g_message () appear in that
> > dialog instead of popping up a message window.
>
> Oh, I see. Somehow I expected that all my errors would appear in that
> box, regardless of whether they happened before it was visible. Having
> played with that part I see what you mean...

So maybe what we need is a new option in the gimprc, something like:
  make-error-console-visible-on-first-g-message-and-leave-it-open
If you set that to true, then the error console would do what you were
expecting.  Or did I misunderstand this discussion?

Now if only all errors, debug messages and so on could use g_message()
instead of printf() (in some plug-ins), then everything would be
perfect...

-Raphael