Hello,

I finally found some books about color harmony (that's exactly the title of
the series -- brandnew in europe, but originally from 1997).  But all the
colors are given as DIC numbers or CMYK.  So my questions:

o Is there an easy to use tool for selecting colors as CMYK and give the
  RGB?  Yes, CMYK gamut != RGB gamut.  I am only looking for a starting
  point so that I don't have to startup photoshop for looking what RGB I
  have to choose ...

o is there a DIC palette / color chooser for gimp?

For the long run I wanna try to make something like a matching color
browser.

Yours
Uwe Koloska

--