On Tue, Aug 01, 2000 at 11:31:42PM +0200, Marc Lehmann wrote:
> <rant again>
> Why is that every program has to be "fixed" to be usable with rpm, and
> everbody even agrees with that, instead of just fixing rpm???
> </>

? Did I miss something?  Why is it such a bad thing that programs should be
installable in a user specified place?  And why is RPM broken because of
that?  If I were to write a SPEC file that only root could execute because
during the install files get written to the "real" directories, that
wouldn't be a problem.  But that is *BAD* as far as creating the rpm file is
concerned.

> ;)

Ah! :-)

Alexander Skwar
--
Homepage:       http://www.digitalprojects.com
Sichere Mail?   Mail an [EMAIL PROTECTED] fuer GnuPG Keys