Larry,

At what physical dimensions are you trying to print the text? The document
should be at least above 200 DPI @ whatever physical dimension, to avoid
obvious pixelation (assuming you do have antialiasing enabled).

If you want to email the XCF to me, I can take a quick look at it.

Marc

Marc Carson
Email: m...@marccarson.com