Hi. I'm trying to follow this tutorial:

http://sixrevisions.com/tutorials/photoshop-tutorials/how-to-create-inset-typography-in-photoshop/

This is my result:

http://www.image-share.com/ipng-205-138.html

As you can see, the edges of my text are pixellated. As if anti-aliasing is
not working.

This happens when I depart from the instructions at step 3 of the tutorial. I
just can't seem to get the gradient effect properly when I use the layer
effects gradient dialogue. So I right click the text layer in the layers
pallette, and select "text to selection". With the text selected, I add the
gradient manually, with the gradient tool.

>From that point onwards, my text looks rough.

Is there a way to apply a gradient to the text, while keeping the text smooth
?

--
bob (via www.gimpusers.com)