Lately, I've been thinking whether the way I make bordered boxes with
rounded corners is the "best" one or if I'm missing something
essential.

The way I do it is:
1. Use the rounded rectangle selection to make a rectangle.
2. Fill it with the color I want the border to have.
3. Shrink the selection by as many pixels as I want the border to take up.
4. Fill the new selection with the box background color.

What ways are there to accomplish it? Are there any cons to using the
method I use? I'm asking because I recently wrote a little Script-Fu
for doing just this, since I do it so often.

--
Deniz Dogan