I'm looking for exactly this fucntion:

> transforming selections
>
> In any selection tool, in ‘marching -ants state’ (nothing hairy happening),
> either  the pending selection or else (each, in a multi-selection future)
> committed selection shall have a transform icon—Image:Transform_icon.png, 32
> pix diameter, 25% opacity—associated with it on-canvas. Clicking it shall
> invoke the transform mode: [snip]

This is from the GIMP roadmap. And is planned only in version 3.8 it's the 13th
on the TODO list.

So this is the functionality why I'm searching for a image editor that is easy
to use for non-artists, or at least not hard to learn. :) Or a plugin for GIMP
that can do this.

--
berniek (via gimpusers.com)