I've been using Gimp for a while on my Windows XP machines, but recently I got
two new PCs, both running Windows 7 64 bit.

Gimp appears to install fine, but when I run it, it hangs on "querying plugins:
shift.exe". And when I say hang, it's a serious hang - I can't open any other
programs (eg the Chrome browser), and the only solution is to shut down the PC.

Both the laptop and my desktop PC are pretty new - they don't have much stuff
on them yet - and they both hang at this point, so I haven't been able to run
Gimp at all.

Anyone else had this problem?

Any suggestions very welcome - thanks in advance!

Chris.

--
Fluffmeister (via gimpusers.com)