>On 11/03/2012 11:28 PM, Daniel Smith wrote:

>> Because (left out) a Vista machine means it's probably about
>> five years old or so, meaning that it could possibly be filled, and
>> or replace the drive as well. It's gonna go sometime soon. Just thoughts.
>> And they're so cheap now.
>> Dan

>Ubuntu 10 has worked great for me but alas, Canonical has gone the
>way of the "dedicated touchscreen interface".  I will be bailing out
>when the version I am using reaches "end of life" next year.  Can't
>sit a very computer illiterate user in front of the "Unity" desktop,
>and expect them to figure it out and use it without problems.  Can't
>expect me to toss 20 years of reasonably efficient workflow habits
>out the window either...

>I have been very impressed with Mint - the other day I had occasion
>to use the Live DVD in conjunction with a printer/scanner on a
>random PC on a random office LAN, and the thing "just worked" all
>around.

>Running an OS that works for not against the user is a very
>addictive thing.  Token on-topic reference:  The GIMP was the first
>major gateway drug that started me down the path to a 100% Free
>Software world.  Ubuntu stopped including the GIMP in its default
>installation package, and that's another strike against Canonical...
>sure it's stupidly easy to install, but dang it, GNU/Linux is
>supposed to include the GIMP right out of the box, is all!

>:o)

>> On 11/3/12, Daniel Smith <opened...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> I really have grown fond of avg's pc tuneup.
>>> Normally I in the past didn't use such utilities, but I
>>> tried (and paid!) for it once, and love it. Still use the
>>> free avg antivirus though.
>>> I would have recommended to upgrade to Win 7 and
>>> wipe the whole drive. Never really liked Vista that much.
>>> Seemed like only a little better than that old Longhorn
>>> beta there was going around for a while.
>>> But I would also just take at least a glance at the drive to
>>> see how much free space there is on it.
>>> Dan

...And how did all this shift into Unbuntu, whatever it is?...

/Anyways/, re-downloading 2.6 didn't help, and I got the same error message as
before. I'm afraid of following whatever Steve suggested (no offense), since I
think it might screw up my computer's system. I don't know. -Shrugs.- Should I
just wait for updates for 2.8., or? Because this is the only computer system I
actually have, and I can't just roll off and buy PS, since that costs like
craploads of money (for me), so... Gimp's the best I have :/ And if I'm not
able to even edit my own sites anymore, then.... I'll wait til the problem's
solved, I suppose. And to tell the truth, I know that people usually don't
insert this into their problems here, but I'm just really confused and a little
frustrated with all the suggestions, I can only process so much. Not trying to
be mean or anything, just... frustrated. One said that Gimp's memory is
failing, and another said I could try a re-load 2.6., which I did, but failed.
Might just be the computer, or Gimp itself. Not sure, so... might not reply to
this discussion for a bit :/

- Bee.

--
Sleepingbeautiie