On 04/28/2013 06:03 PM, Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 29, 2013 at 1:00 AM, Tom Williams wrote:
>
>> Anyway, when I open this XCF file in Gimp 2.8.4, it opens fine and I can see
>> the layers fine in the layers dialog window. However, when I use the text
>> tool to try to edit one of the text layers, I'm unable to do so and the text
>> tool doesn't seem to recognize the text layer as a text layer.
> It's a stupid question, but are you quite sure you didn't change text
> layers before saving? Some action like changing the layer size would
> do that. In that case in the Layers dialog you'd see the thumbnail of
> the text layer instead of the stock icon with a "T" character.

Thanks for the reply.  Well, you were right about the text layer
change.  When I look at my XCF file, the text layers have names like
"New Layer" instead of the actual text in the layer.  Plus, I see a
thumbnail of the text layer instead of the stock icon you mention.  I
most likely made the text layer the same size as the image and then
saved the file.

Thanks!

Peace...

Tom