On Tue, Jun 4, 2013 at 3:45 PM, Alexandre Prokoudine <
alexandre.prokoud...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't understand why you are trying to insist on UI change as one of
> GEGL points.
>
> Yes, one could create an entirely new image editor based on GEGL. In
> fact, there's at least one such project. But that is simply not the
> reason we use GEGL in GIMP. I don't know how else to explain that.

I'm not insisting on changing anything in GIMP.  Reread what I said.  My
question was not adequately answered so I continued discussion.

I merely asked if one of the reasons for the creation of GEGL was to
abstract graphical manipulation functions out of the GUI into a library.
If that was the case would creating a different GUI on top of it feasible
for getting similar quality of image manipulation?

Your latest response answers my question.

SAM