> Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2013 18:22:35 -0400
> From: dan...@yacg.com
> To: gimp-user-list@gnome.org
> Subject: Re: [Gimp-user] HATE the new save vs. export behavior
>
> That said, I have noticed GiMP does at least remember your previous
> export action which enables a person to quickly update what they are
> exporting as they work.  This is a handy improvement which demonstrates
> that the developers have recognized the "export" function as a bit of a
> stumbling block to a smooth workflow and they are attempting to reduce
> it some.

Current versions of GIMP 2.8 also note if the file has been recently exported
(with no further changes made to the image), however I do agree that if the
user has to deal with this confirmation message all the time then GIMP is
essentially "crying wolf" to their workflow and this runs a real risk of
dismissing things out of habit and losing work as a result.

On a tangent, when GIMP prompts to save changes I would rather it not remind me
how long it's been since the last (bonafide) Save command.  If I'm currently
multitasking, I may open a file and make a few quick edits, then be working on
other applications for the next hour-plus.  When I come back, GIMP prompts to
save.  That's good and all, but the way GIMP phrases it is annoying because I
haven't actually spent the "last hour" doing work on it.  I'M the one who knows
how much work I might be losing by closing it without a proper Save and in this
case it's only a minute or two tops.  All GIMP has to do is remind me that
unsaved changes exist at all, not make guesses of when or how much.

-- Stratadrake
strata_ran...@hotmail.com